Senior Technical Support Associate
Location: Cincinnati, OH Type: Part Time or Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Technical Associate to help us support our growing client base. We are looking for individuals who are problem-solvers and have a proven track record of working within a team environment to successfully address challenging network/computing issues, and whom is accustomed to leveraging technical training opportunities to improve their skills. If you have the experience and the desire, we'd like to talk to you.
Technical Associates are responsible for maintaining user uptime and improving their computing experiences through effective onsite maintenance and problem identification and resolution activities, as well as growing and developing our organization's positive perception with existing customers through exceptional customer service. Candidates must be positive, energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies and management and maintenance processes. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, outstanding communication, effective utilization of provided resources and unbeatable customer service.
This position will include identifying documenting and troubleshooting level 2 end user problems while working within a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate issues within established SLAs. It also involves working with other resources and vendors to deliver effective field support services.
Job duties include utilizing our Remote Monitoring & Management solution and help desk ticketing solution along with other service-specific tools. These tools and technologies are used to deliver user support services, update service request information and to collaborate with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues. Duties also include overall relationship management and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT requirements. Other requirements include participating in ongoing training and attainment of manufacturer certifications as well as developing and maintaining relationships with end-user and vendor contacts.
Required Personal Competencies:
- Ability to accurately document of all activities conducted
- The ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support our users' networks, equipment, software and services
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
- The Ability to communicate effectively under stress and to adequately serve all users within reasonable time constraints.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt and manage multiple personalities throughout or client’s organization
Required Technical Skill Set
The Successful Candidate MUST have experience with the following:
- Prefer 2/4 year degree or commensurate experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a direct technical support role
- A+, Net+, Security+, MCP, MCSA, MCITP preferred
- Firewalls and UTMs
- Reimaging PC’s
- Setting Up outlook accounts
- Microsoft products including Windows Server 2008, 2012, office 365, Azure, and Skype for business
- Active Directory Experience
- Cloud Telephony systems
- Managed network devices (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, TCP/IP etc.
- The ability to construct and terminate Cat5/Cat6 cabling
- An Understanding of Demarc/MDF/IDF infrastructures and how they interconnect within buildings
- Experience with cloud migrations.
- Experience migrating to a hosted environment
- Experience using a ticketing service
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience dashboarding and metrics
- Experience developing and implementing and maintaining disaster recovery plans
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining infrastructure - Windows, VMWare, LAN/WAN
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Perm Resident.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends